When it comes to business start-ups, the truth is that most can fail, and many do fail in a big way. Over half of UK businesses fail in the first five years, and 70% have invested their own money.
There are some other common traits for the owner of a business start-up. Most start in the first place because they probably had their own dreams of what they wanted to achieve and create a life of freedom. They are probably very focused on achieving their goals. Those around them probably see them as risk-takers.
The Current System Doesn’t Make Sense
When a start-up business fails there are three choices.
- Throw the towel in.
- Dust yourself down and give it another go.
- Dust yourself down and give it another go, but this time do it differently as you learn from mistakes.
The problem with the old style of thinking and acting of being goal focused is that business start-ups can not only end up losing it all if things don’t go quite to plan. Starting a business comes with a substantial time investment and often comes with a huge amount of stress. The very sad thing for most business startups is for the owners it can often mean sacrificing income, devoting more time and further still missing out on the joy of the journey.
Success takes effort. Success takes time. We need to remain focused, but what many startups do not see is that successful people have a discipline in an approach to enjoy the journey. Success leaves clues.
Tips for ensuring success for a start-up business
- Be open to what opportunities arise along the way. There are so many opportunities out there in the world when we remain open and receptive to the journey. That comes from getting around positive people and being in the places that make us feel great.
- When the going gets tough, and your goals are not going to plan, it is so easy to fall into a downward spiral. Being around a community of positive business people, who dream bigger, think bigger and enjoy life experiences. The opportunities from the journey can become so much more than what you first set out to achieve.
- Living the journey, you simply can not fail in achieving your goals. After all, what do we it all for?
These sound easier said than done to the average business startup owner. Bleisure Rewards brings experiences as a way of life to encourage business startups to be open to the journey, build more connections and create their success from experiences so they can’t fail. How do you or did you handle your balance of business and leisure as a business startup?